If you have some egg-xtra time today, listen to THIS PODCAST (click here!!) with Dr. Neal Barnard, MD, FACC, for Physicians Committee as he addresses topics such as:
- Is the cholesterol in eggs dangerous?
- Is there more cholesterol in eggs than meat?
- Are egg whites healthy?
- Can eggs used in baking still raise cholesterol?
- Is saturated fat or cholesterol a bigger health concern?
- How much influence do egg producers have on research?
- Can just a few eggs a week still be unhealthy?
The answers may surprise you!!
After listening, sign up for our upcoming CULINARY WORKSHOP, “What Is It About Eggs?” this coming Tuesday, April 18, from 1:00-2:30pm.
Beth will talk about how to lessen your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, cognitive decline, and some cancers, in addition to sharing
easy strategies to reduce egg intake in your and your family’s diet.
Simple breakfast, appetizer, salad, bread, and dessert dishes that swap other ingredients for the eggs will be prepared and, best of all, shared!! Participants will receive seasonings and recipes to experiment at home.
Come hungry in body and mind to this egg-cellent event!
Tuesday, April 18
1:00 – 2:30 PM
Body Moves Fitness and Wellness Center
Tuition is $25 and includes instruction, lunch, handouts, recipes, and seasoning samples!