Let your mind fly toward “What if?”
Let your “What if?” become “Why not?”
Then you’re on your way.
-Ernie and Carole Larsen
Welcome to BODY MOVES Fitness and Wellness Center!!
WHO WE ARE
Body Moves Fitness and Wellness Center is a privately-owned studio that brings fitness, movement, and wellness to the Coralville-Iowa City area, offering classes and workouts 7-days a week for adults of all ages and abilities. We also present frequent educational events and series that emphasize healthy lifestyle practices.
Every level of fitness and age and gender are welcome!
|Try a FREE CLASS on us!!
Your FIRST class with us is complementary! Choose from any class listed on the schedule.
Come a few minutes early to fill out paperwork before the new experience!
We are a one-of-a-kind fitness studio in all of Eastern Iowa.
The reasons for this special mark are based on our mission and core values.
“to provide quality education and quality space
for the study and the joy of body movement forms that enhance
the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions
of health, fitness, and wellness.”
OUR CORE VALUES
- We value quality in relationships. We welcome, respect, and honor adult students of all levels and abilities, regardless of gender, race, faith, or sexual orientation. Our instructors, staff, and fellow students of the community of Body Moves are genuine, supportive, respectful, compassionate, and optimistic.
- We value the Wellness Model. The Wellness Model expresses that true fitness and wellness demand a balance of six inter-related dimensions. The inter-related dimensions are symbolized in our logo.
Each ribbon color of our logo represents one dimension of health.
Green = physical
Yellow = intellectual, mental
Fuchsia = emotional
Blue = social
Purple = spiritual
White space = environmental
- We value credible trends in functional fitness and wellness. We advocate the principles of the Blue Zone Solutions© for overall wellness and longevity. Our exercise programming is grounded on the cornerstones and principles of the Functional Fitness Model™ as developed by the Functional Aging Institute, by guidelines of the American College of Sports Medicine, and by the 2018 U.S. Guidelines for Physical Activity. Learn more about our Small Group Functional Fitness programming here.
- We value daily exercise, variety in exercise, and pleasure-based exercise at all levels of functional fitness. Our class options make fulfilling these important exercise requirements easy, enjoyable, and rewarding. Daily planned exercise is a non-negotiable part of a healthy, fulfilling life. During each week, exercise must include variety in aspects of strength, endurance, cardio-respiratory, agility, power, flexibility, balance, brain-body exercise, and other sensory and neuromuscular exercise. The body naturally seeks joy, not pain, in movement.
- We value life-long education. Life-long learning brings immeasurable quality to life. Our classes and workouts, workshops, lectures, and health behavior change series are carefully designed with use of current evidence-based knowledge. All instructors are formally trained in the movement disciplines that he or she teaches. Each instructor has unique gifts and passion for Body Moves students to progressively increase their awareness, knowledge, movement skills, health behaviors and health outcomes. Learn about our Body Moves team.
- We value quality of space. Our space amenities make exercise focused and enjoyable. The reception area provides for conversation with fellow Body Moves students, staff, and instructors. The clean, safe, and functional equipment and the joint-friendly flooring, along with pleasing lighting, music, dressing spaces, fresh flowers, warm aromatherapy towels, and the vibrant decor all contribute to the superb class and workout experiences designed by our instructors.
We look forward to helping you meet your fitness and wellnss needs and goals as a student of exercise at Body Moves Fitness and Wellness Center!
To your health, fitness, and wellness,
Beth Pelton, Owner
And the entire Body Moves team of Instructors, Trainers, and Staff